Business Intelligence (BI) is the IT-based visual representation of big data volumes and KPIs in real-time cockpits or via regular reports. The aim of these evaluations is to make faster and better management decisions and to identify risks at an early stage. With these structured analyses, service processes can be improved in the long term, resources can be saved and potentials can be used in the best possible way.
BI Express builds the bridge between the Business Process Ecosystem OMNITRACKER and various BI services, BI modeling methods as well as export formats. For visualization, OMNITRACKER uses, among others, the Business Intelligence technology of Microsoft® (MS Power BI) to create interactive dashboards as well as perfectly customized periodic reports. Thanks to numerous connectors, its central database is expandable.
You can find everything you need to know about BI Express in a nutshell in our factsheet.
Your benefits of the analytics solution BI Express
- Make data-based decisions and recognize optimization potentials by conducting regular performance analyses.
- Create more transparency and process understanding across departments and rely on a combination of real-time KPIs and long-term data.
- Keep your analytics strategy flexible and define all reporting and analysis parameters by yourself.
- Use BI Express to document your performed services by regularly measuring your SLAs.
- Benefit from a variety of import and export formats (e-mail, browser displays, Excel, PDF, MS SSAS, MS Power BI ...).
- Extend your central database with numerous connectors. On-premises, cloud and hybrid database models are possible.
- Improve your BI strategy with data mining and predictive analysis thanks to scalability.
Big Data becomes Smart Data with BI Agile
BI Agile is an implementation concept developed by OMNINET for the business intelligence solution BI Express. To ensure clear communication, a workshop is held at the beginning of the project, in which all stakeholders are involved and the specifications are developed. In this way, the requirements of management, departments and, if necessary, developers can be collected, evaluated and then be set as project goals.
With our standardized consulting concept, a comprehensive business analysis of your data structure is essential. Processes and all kinds of data (e.g. master data, sales and monitoring data) are critically examined, as well as technical or industry-specific KPIs, SLA indicators or key performance indicators. During this step, it is particularly important to identify relevant dependencies and contexts. The more successful this interpretation is during data analysis, the more meaningful your subsequent reports will be.
Then, the selected data sets are visualized, so that they can be used quickly and effectively as a basis for decision-making. To this end, our analytics experts will work with you on the concrete presentation of your dashboards and other output formats.
Your benefits of the analytics consulting concept BI Agile
- More transparency in the scope of services thanks to complete documentation
- Agile project environment in sprint mode for fast and goal-oriented implementation
- Regular tests and evaluation loops to ensure good results in the long term
- Support in the creation and subsequent adaptation of your reports and dashboards, so that you can react independently and flexibly to changes
- Proven best practice approach and tool environment that can be used even after the project is complete
Detailed features of the Business Intelligence solution BI ExpressThanks to the integration into the Business Process Ecosystem OMNITRACKER, you remain flexible in the implementation of your BI strategy and you do not depend on third-party systems. Thus, you reduce your database maintenance efforts.
Library with out-of-the-box templates for easy creation of BI models
Visual processing of actual/target comparisons to evaluate current performances and capacities
Numerous export formats including the display directly in OMNITRACKER
Optional data warehouse to make data from different sources and formats centrally available
Interactive KPI cockpits to meet your requirements
Consideration of your hierarchical structures as well as your role and authorization concept
BI Desktop and BI Enterprise: two levels of data analysis
The requirements for an analytics solution vary depending e.g. on your communication structure and the process complexity. With OMNITRACKER BI Desktop and BI Enterprise, we offer you two Business Intelligence solutions.
We support you in assessing your needs and meeting your requirements.
BI Desktop provides basic reporting functions and can be used without additional tools. An integration of your data via the Microsoft SSRS web interface is possible by using the Windows client or the web client of OMNITRACKER.
BI Enterprise has additional functions such as a data warehouse integration including history functions and guided business analysis. You also benefit from multidimensional analysis options and, thanks to its scalability, you can extend your BI strategy to include data mining and predictive analysis.
BI Express can also be integrated into third-party systems in order to analyze process data in a structured way and present it visually.